What are the side effects of CBD?
Skim the news for a bit, and you’ll soon realize that CBD oil is one of the hottest trends in alternative health care.
In fact, a Consumer Reports survey of 1,003 nationally representative adults found that 13 percent of adults have used CBD to treat a health issue, and that number is only expected to grow as CBD oil continues to make its way into the mainstream.
But perhaps more significant than CBD’s popularity is the effect it can have on a variety of physical and emotional health conditions. That same Consumer Reports survey also found that of the people who had used CBD to treat a health issue, a whopping near-90 percent of them said that CBD helped.
This data aligns with a growing body of research into the potential benefits of CBD oil, which seems to confirm that there are many positive CBD oil effects ranging from soothing anxiety to relieving pain and decreasing inflammation throughout the body. What’s more, CBD oil offers these benefits without any of the nasty side effects that are common among prescription meds.
If you’re still new to the world of CBD oil—or if you’re considering using it as a complementary therapy for an existing condition—then read on to learn everything you need to know about its effects and how to use CBD oil safely.
Positive effects of CBD Oil – Hemp Oil
Due to the fact that marijuana was illegal across the U.S. for such a long time, research into the benefits of cannabis and its different compounds is still in its infancy. That being said, the research that does exist so far generally suggests CBD oil can have a variety of positive effects on people’s physical and emotional well being. These widespread effects are thanks largely to the fact that CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which influences a variety of bodily systems and functions including the nervous system, the immune system, the organs, and the processes that regulate mood, memory, and sleep.
For instance, CBD oil may help:
- Improve mood
- Relieve anxiety and promote relaxation
- Ease pain, including pain brought on by arthritis, multiple sclerosis (MS), or other chronic pain conditions
- Decrease inflammation in the body, thanks in large part to the fact that it has antioxidant effects
- Relieve symptoms and assist in the management of a number of mental health conditions, including anxiety disorders, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and schizophrenia
- Improve sleep quality and assist in the management of insomnia
- Relieve menstrual cramps
- Assist in the management of substance abuse recovery
- Improve cardiovascular health by lowering resting blood pressure, protecting the cardiovascular system from stress, and reducing inflammation (which is a risk factor for heart disease)
- Boost cognitive health by protecting the brain from the negative effects of stress
- Assist in the management of neurological conditions and their symptoms. These include Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease
- Relieve cancer treatment side effects such as nausea or vomiting induced by chemotherapy
Click here to see more benefits of CDB Oil.
Potential Side Effects of CBD Oil
CBD oil is generally considered to be quite safe and non-addictive and is non-fatal even when consumed in large doses. And as long as it isn’t combined with THC, it won’t get you high or provoke psychoactive effects. It’s also unlikely to cause side effects. That said, it is a substance, and introducing any substance into your body may have potential side effects. In rare instances, CBD oil has been linked to the following side effects:
- Changes in appetite
Additionally, CBD may interact with certain medications, either by diminishing their effectiveness or increasing the risks associated with some prescription meds. In particular, CBD may interact with antidepressants, blood thinners, and cholesterol-lowering statins, especially at high doses.
CBD side effects summary
CBD oil is associated with many positive effects, which helps explain why more and more people are utilizing CBD oil for the management of a wide range of physical and emotional health issues.
But, not all CBD products are created equal. The quality of available products varies dramatically, so it’s essential to do research before utilizing any product.
At Native Nutrition, we’re committed to providing our customers with one of the best CBD products on the market. Our THC-free, hemp-extracted CBD oil is non-psychoactive and adheres to strict quality standards. (It’s even third-party tested for quality, purity, and the absence of toxins.) It’s extracted from hemp for broad-spectrum support without the use of any potentially harmful chemicals, and it’s made in the USA from seed to bottle.
Our strict quality standards ensure that our customers can enjoy CBD oil’s positive effects without concerns about exposure to anything harmful. This natural supplement can help relieve aches and pains, soothe anxiety and depression, improve skin health, boost brain function and heart health, and improve sleep. Once you try it, you’ll understand why so many people are turning to CBD as Nature’s solution for managing a range of conditions.